Charter Captain Stu Mackie’s Signature Cocktail:
Smoked Pink Cadillac Margarita
Yacht crew cater to guests with high expectations. Above all, their goal is to exceed them. To that end, signature cocktails, along with extraordinary food, are an integral part of the yacht charter experience. Captain Stu serves up something amazing!
This, our first shared recipe, is truly smokin’. It is aptly named the “Smoked Pink Cadillac Margarita”.
If you are not familiar with The Smoking Gun used in this recipe, it can be purchased on line for as little as $25 dollars. More elaborate versions can run as high as $150. Interesting wood chips you can buy include cheery wood, apple, pecan, oak, and hickory.
As one of the latest crazes, The Smoking Gun is not only great for cocktails, but can infuse a mild smoky flavor to entrees and even desserts. This device may require a bit of practice to capture the smoke for best flavor and presentation. Do be careful if practicing on the Smoked Pink Cadillac Margarita. Do not test too many…these Margaritas are potent!
Finally, be sure to air out your boat or home when you are finished! While the aroma is quite nice, some folks just might not understand that it’s harmless.
Recipe for the Smoked Pink Cadillac Margarita
Courtesy of Captain Stu Mackie. Serves four.
- 1 Cup of Don Julio tequila
- 1 Cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 Cup cranberry juice
- 1⁄2 Grand Marnier
- 1/3 Cup powdered sugar (approx. to taste)
- Margarita salt
- Orange peel for garnish
- Cocktail shaker
- Margarita/Martini glasses
- Glass bottle with The Smoking Gun
- Hickory woodchips
- Container with lid
- Fill the cocktail glasses with ice and water to get chilled while you make the cocktail.
- Pour the first four ingredients into the container and stir.
- Add a small amount of the liquid to the powdered sugar to form a paste.
- Add the sugar paste to the liquid to taste.
- Give this a good mix and put in the fridge to chill.
- Prepare a twist of orange peel to garnish each glass.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and add the cocktail mix.
- Shake until cold and set aside.
- Empty the ice water from the glasses and salt the rims.
- Fill The Smoking Gun with Hickory chips and ignite.
- Fill the glass bottle with cold smoke and put the lid on. For first-timers, it’s a good idea to do this outside on deck.
- Give the cocktail shaker a final shake and pour the cocktail into the bottle of smoke. Try not to let too much smoke escape.
- Swirl the cocktail around inside the smokey bottle. The more you do this, the more flavor you will get.
- Pour into the garnished glasses in a dramatic display in front of your guests. Pour super-slowly for greater effect.
Luxury Yacht Charter
Rather than all that shakin’ to mix your own drink, be uber smart. Chart a course to the Bahamas, or Virgin Islands, be pampered the yacht crew and enjoy the cocktail performance in person, by Captain Stu. Indulge in a week-long charter. Try something different every night. Captain Stu has confessed to knowing many more tasty elixirs to delight your palate.
Contact us at Select Yachts to launch your yacht charter vacation. If Captain Stu is not available for your dates, we can recommend other, equally talented Captains to navigate you through paradise. Trust us to create your magical adventure.